2nd Summer Workshop
National Bank of Poland
1-5 July 2013
The Workshop aims at providing a forum for the exchange of ideas between Polish economists affiliated both at prominent foreign institutions and at the domestic ones, including the National Bank of Poland. The participants of the Workshop will present their original work and discuss recent developments in macroeconomics and finance research.
The financial crisis has made us painfully aware that understanding the role of financial markets in the economy and their impact on the macroeconomy is extremely important. Therefore, we make it the main theme of the Workshop. The participants will also debate issues like macroprudential and monetary policy, functioning of financial markets, forecasting, rising inequalities and the labor market.
- T. Piskorski, A. Seru, J. Witkin: Asset quality misrepresentation by financial intermediaries. Evidence from RMBS market
- K. Fong, H. Hong, M. Kacperczyk, J.D. Kubik: Do security analysts discipline credit rating agencies
- A. Kocięcki: Further results on identification of structural VAR models
- P. Baranowski, M. Górajski, M. Malczewski, G. Szafrański: Inflation in Poland under state-dependent pricing
- B. Grochulski, Y. Zhang: Market-based incentives
- L. Drozd, R. Serrano-Padial: Modeling the credit card revolution. The role of debt collection and informal bankrupcy
- M. Ca`Zorzi, J. Mućk, M. Rubaszek: Real exchange rate forecasting. A calibrated half-life PPP model can beat the random walk
- K.J. Lansing, A. Markiewicz: Top incomes, rising inequality, and welfare
- A. Orlik, L. Veldkamp: Understanding Uncertainty Shocks and the Role of the Black Swan
- K. Gajewski, M. Pawłowska: What drives bank-firm relationships in Poland? A panel data analysis
- Participation in the Workshop is free of charge.
- The Workshop will be held in English.
The Workshop will take place at the premises of the National Bank of Poland, 11/21 Świętokrzyska Street, Warsaw, room 129F.
We kindly ask you to register for the Workshop on line by 25 June 2013.
- Michał Brzoza-Brzezina
- Ryszard Kokoszczyński
- Krzysztof Makarski
- Jan Werner
- Magdalena Gwizdak
- Krzysztof Makarski
Phone: +48 22 185 22 97
Mobile: +48 722 066 250