Research & Conferences
Recent trends in the real estate market and its analysis 2019 edition
4 December 2019
Narodowy Bank Polski and SGH Warsaw School of Economics Conference
5–6 December 2019
Narodowy Bank Polski Workshop
CALL FOR PAPERS
Narodowy Bank Polski (NBP) and SGH Warsaw School of Economics are organizing a Conference followed by an NBP international workshop to discuss current issues in the field of real estate analysis from the central bank’s point of view. The development of residential real estate prices as well as commercial real estate prices and real estate financing will be covered during the workshop. The workshop is aimed at researchers who work in academia, private firms and central banks.
The topics to be covered during the workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Real estate finance and its impact on financial stability;
- Modelling of real estate cycles (demand and supply), with the focus on regional markets and the feedback between real estate construction and economic growth;
- The development of property prices, their modelling and analysis;
- A new approach to real estate analysis (i.e. urban economics and regional studies, spatial analysis, sociological and behavioural aspects in the real estate decision-making process, filtration, the ripple effect, gentrification, etc.).
The book published after the 2017 edition of the workshop can be found here: http://administracja.sgh.waw.pl/pl/OW/publikacje/Strony/2018.aspx
To have a paper considered for inclusion in the workshop, please submit it by 30 August 2019 by completing the online registration form at: https://conferences.nbp.pl/CFPRTREMPZ. Selected papers will be published in the NBP Working Papers Series.
Selected papers can be considered for publication in a peer reviewed book that will be published after the conference. The book will be published in cooperation with the Warsaw School of Economics. If you wish to publish your paper as a chapter in the book, please indicate this during the submission. We want to publish the book promptly after the workshop, therefore potential authors should submit the final version of their paper.
- 30 August 2019 – paper submission deadline
- 30 September 2019 – author notification
- 4 October 2019 – registration open
- 15 November 2019 – registration closed
- 4 December 2019 – conference at SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- 5–6 December 2019 – workshop at the NBP training centre in Zalesie Górne near Warsaw
- Narodowy Bank Polski
- Jacek Łaszek
- Hanna Augustyniak
- Krzysztof Olszewski
- Joanna Waszczuk
- Marzena Zaczek
- SGH Warsaw School of Economics
Institute of Markets and Competition, Collegium of Business Administration