Banknotes and coin
Banknotes currently in use & Modernised banknotes
| Banknotes currently in use || Modernised banknotes |
The key rules to check banknotes for authenticity
- Get familiar with the security features of the banknotes.
- Always check the banknotes you receive for authenticity.
- When verifying banknotes, take four simple steps: feel, look, tilt and check.
- Check not just one, but a few security features.
- Exercise extra caution if the note is worn or damaged.
- When in doubt, compare the note with another which is certain to be genuine.
- If necessary, call at the nearest bank to authenticate the note.
- Make sure not to put into circulation any counterfeit notes or coins.