Release of the meeting of the Payment Systems Council held on June 18, 2003
The Payment System Council, an advisory and consultancy body to the Management Board of the National Bank of Poland, held a meeting on June 18, 2003.
The meeting was chaired by Mr Jerzy Stopyra, Chairman of the Council, the First Deputy President of the National Bank of Poland.
The Payment System Council:
- discussed the expected effect of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 December 2001 on cross-border payments in euro on the operation of Polish banks;
- discussed a proposal concerning the development strategy of the SORBNET system, submitted by the Payment Systems Department of the National Bank of Poland;
- discussed the proposed changes to the card settlement system in Poland;
- received information from the National Clearing House Co. on the implementation stage of the programme of full automation of settlements;
- discussed the proposals of the Polish Bank Association concerning the improvement of the cash transaction system in Poland.
The Council decided to hold the next meeting in September 2003.