Information from a meeting of the Payment System Council, held on 22 September 2003
On 22 September 2003, the Payment System Council held a meeting; The Council is an advisory and consultative body to the Management Board of the National Bank of Poland.
The meeting was chaired by Mr. Jerzy Stopyra, Chairman of the Council, First Deputy President of the National Bank of Poland.
The Payment System Council:
- accepted a draft opinion of the National Bank of Poland on the payment system supervision policy of the NBP,
- acknowledged information supplied by the Payment System Department of the NBP on implementing the development strategy for the SORBNET system, approved by the Management Board of the National Bank of Poland,
- Discussed a design of the EuroELIXIR system for euro retail payment settlement,
- Discussed and accepted a design of the Mass Payment System developed by the Polish Bank Association, recommending the banks to initiate work to introduce the system and disseminate information on the benefits of using the system among their clients,
- Acknowledged information provided by the Polish Bank Association on the progress of work to introduce standard banking documentation in conformation with that of the Union,
- Accepted the evaluation of the operation of the Polish payment system during the first six months of 2003, prepared by the Payment System Department of the NBP.
The next meeting of the Payment System Council is scheduled for December 2003.