Information from the meeting of the Payment System Council, held on 5 October 2004
The Payment System Council, an advisory - consultative body for the Management Board of the National Bank of Poland, held a meeting on 5 October 2004.
The Council meeting was chaired by Mr. Jerzy Pruski, Chairman of the Council, First Deputy President of the National Bank of Poland.
The Payment System Council:
- Discussed the materials of the Polish Bank Association on the subject of the new legal framework for payment services in the internal EU market with reference to the Polish legal provisions and practice,
- Discussed the information of the National Bank of Poland on the subject of Poland fulfilling the recommendation of 2002 of the European Central Bank,
- Acknowledged the information of the National Clearing House SA on the subject of eliminating paper documentation in interbank settlements,
- Acknowledged the assessment of the Polish Bank Association regarding the operation of the banking sector in the area of electronic signature application in the light of the Act on Electronic Signature,
- Acknowledged the information of the National Bank of Poland on work progress on the SORBNET-EURO system and the information of the National Clearing House SA on the subject of the work progress on the EuroELIXIR system,
- Issued a positive opinion on the evaluation of the Polish payment system in the first half of 2004, which was prepared by the Payment Systems Department of the NBP.
The Council has decided that its next meeting will be held in December 2004.