The sale of the UEFA EURO 2012 coins
This is to inform you that on 4 June 2012 the National Bank of Poland is issuing and putting on sale gold and silver collector coins, and their sets to mark the 2012 UEFA European Football Championship The sale of the UEFA EURO 2012 coins is determined by the Resolution of the Management Board of the National Bank of Poland of 5 April 2012 on the special terms and conditions of sale by the National Bank of Poland of collector coins issued on the occasion of the 2012 UEFA European Football Championship (Official Gazette of the Government of the Republic of Poland [Monitor Polski] 2012, item 241).
The face values and sale prices (gross prices) set by the NBP are as follows:
- 500 zł, struck in proof finish, in gold 9999/1000 (2 oz.), mintage (volume) 1,000 pcs. — 16,000.00 PLN per unit,
- 100 zł, struck in proof finish, in gold 900/1000 (8 g), mintage (volume) 4,000 pcs. — 1,600.00 PLN per unit,
- 20 zł, struck in proof finish, in silver 925/1000 (28.28 g), mintage (volume) 35,000 pcs. — 200.00 PLN per unit,
- Set of 4 coins, 10 zł each, struck in proof finish, in silver 925/1000 (4 x 14.14 g), mintage (volume) 15,000 pcs. — 600.00 PLN per set,
- Set of 2 coins, a Polish one of 10 zł, and a Ukrainian one of 10 hryvnia, struck in proof finish, in silver 925/1000 (2 x 33.63 g), mintage (volume) 5,000 pcs. — 600.00 PLN per set.
The coins included in sets cannot be purchased separately, and all the coins and sets of coins are available to all customers, while supplies last.
The sale of coins will be limited. The qualitative limits will be specified on the date of sale. The NBP will not sell the coins in bulk, the same limits will apply to all customers.
The EURO 2012 collector coins will not be sold in the form of Internet Kolekcjoner auction. This follows from the provisions of the contract with the UEFA Football Federation which, among others, made the granting of permission for the use of their intangible rights to issue coins subject to the introduction of the non-auction method of their distribution.
At the same time, please be informed that a general circulation coin with a 2 zł face value, struck in standard finish, in the Nordic Gold alloy, will be put into circulation on 1 June2012, to mark the 2012 UEFA European Football Championship. The coin will be available to all customers at cash desks of the NBP Regional Branches to exchange at face value, while supplies last. The coins will be available to purchase to all customers at cash desks of the NBP Regional Branches and in the Online Shop operating under the Kolekcjoner sale service, excluding the gold collector coin with the 500 zł face value, which is to be sold only at cash desks of the NBP Regional Branches. See also: Championship of Europe in the UEFA Cup 2010-12