Schools and Higher Education Institutions
Rules of internship for students of foreign universities
Published on: 21-12-2017
The objective of the internship is to provide the candidate with an opportunity to gather material needed for a diploma thesis in economics, banking and finance. During the internship, the candidate is obliged to observe the internal regulations and procedures of Narodowy Bank Polski.
- Narodowy Bank Polski enrols students solely on an individual basis and does not conclude agreements with institutions of higher learning concerning organization of internships.
- Applications will only be accepted from candidates who are at least 18 years old.
- As the language of the internship may be exclusively English or Polish, the candidate must be proficient in either of the two languages.
- The internships take place at the Head Office and Regional Branches of Narodowy Bank Polski between 1 June and 30 September.
- Priority will be given to candidates who:
Participation in an NBP student internship may only take place once during the studies. Applications for the internship may only be filed online. The registration form is active from the first Monday of January*) to 30 April at the www.nbp.pl website. All the documents submitted should be in English or in Polish. The documents required when applying for a student internship at NBP include:
- are in their 2nd and 3rd year of first-cycle (undergraduate) programmes, 4th and 5th year of long cycle master’s programmes and 1st and 2nd year of second-cycle (graduate) master’s programmes who are gathering background material for their diploma thesis in economics, banking, finance, or for the final examination,
- have achieved a grade average of no less than 4.0 for the preceding academic year.
The required documents should be attached in electronic form with the Registration Form. The decision will be communicated to the candidate via electronic mail within 30 days of submitting the application. A negative decision cannot be appealed against. In cases where the candidate has been rejected, their data and the documents enclosed with the application will be deleted within 30 days of the end of enrolment window. The operation cannot be reversed. NBP reserves the right to change the date of the internship and indicate a different one, outside of the proposed terms indicated in the application process (in which case the dates will be discussed with the candidate by telephone). Applications lacking any of the required documents, the online registration number, generated automatically on registration, or the signed clause of approval of personal data processing shall not be taken into consideration. The duration of the internship is 2 or 3 weeks. The internship starts on a Monday at 9 a.m. and finishes on a Friday at 3 p.m.. Each application is considered individually, in compliance with the adopted principles for internship. For the duration of the internship, NBP ensures a computerized workstation with Internet access. The participant may also use wireless Internet access using their own devices. To this end, it is necessary to indicate the number of such devices in the Registration Form (no more than 2). Internships at NBP are not remunerated. NBP cannot provide either lodgings or board to the candidate during the internship, nor does it reimburse the cost of travel related to the internship. NBP issues a certificate confirming the completion of the internship, in line with the template contained in the Attachment to the Regulations, supplemented, upon request, with the opinion of the candidate’s technical supervisor at NBP on the candidate’s performance during the internship. Data on completed internships will be available at NBP for 5 years after the closure of the internship, after which date they will be automatically erased from the system. Any queries concerning the internship should be addressed to: email@example.com
- A letter of application addressed to the Personnel Department of NBP, signed by the candidate and quoting 3 proposed dates of the internship. In the case of special needs resulting from disability, these should be specified in the application.
- A track record of achievements (educational, scientific and professional),
- A certificate from the candidate’s educational institution, confirming the form, year and field of study, along with the information on the examination grade average for the previous year,
- A plan of the bachelor’s or master’s thesis, endorsed and signed by the student’s thesis supervisor; or an itemized description of the candidate’s scientific interests.
The Registration Form for Foreign Interns at Narodowy Bank Polski
If you are a student of a Polish school/university, please, register at:
Zasady praktyk studenckich dla studentów studiujących na uczelniach w Polsce
*) If the first Monday of January is a public holiday in Poland, the registration form will be available on the following day.