About the NBP: Structure
Operational Risk and Compliance Department
Director: Izabela Kozłowska
The principal tasks of the Department are: the development of methodologies for operational risk assessment and measurement, conducting analyses and monitoring of operational risk at the NBP and carrying out tasks related to the compliance function.
Within the operational risk area, the Department’s duties comprise:
- collection and analysis of information, creation and upkeep of databases, in particular the incident database;
- drawing-up analytical reports on operational risk materialisation and level;
- development and update of operational risk map at the NBP.
Within the compliance function area, the Department’s tasks cover:
- identification, monitoring, assessment and measurement of compliance risk, carried out in cooperation with the Bank’s organisational units;
- coordination of the activities related to issuing interpretations and explanations on the occurrence of policy breach or violation of principles for the mitigation of compliance risk.