About the NBP: Structure
Information Technology & Telecommunications Department
Director: Wojciech Dylewski
The main tasks of the Information Technology & Telecommunications Department are: planning, supervising, and managing the entire range of undertakings related to the IT application at the NBP.
In particular, the Department's tasks are as follows:
- Managing and supervising the IT development at the NBP:
- drawing up, in cooperation with other organizational units of the NBP, the plans of the development of IT application at the NBP;
- constant assisting and advising to organizational units of the NBP in the preparation of projects that require IT applications, as well as the essential supervising of their accomplishment.
- The development of the data communications system at the NBP:
- analyzing, making projects, implementing, controlling of the IT systems set up by both, own IT employees and in cooperation with external firms;
- participating in standard-setting activities in the IT area and cooperating with public administration bodies in constructing the data communications systems.
- Providing protection for the data communications systems:
- cooperating with the Security Department in developing the security requirements for the data communications systems of the NBP;
- fulfilling the requirements of the security policy;
- constant controlling and monitoring of the data communications systems in order to ensure their permanent performance.
- The operation of the data communications system:
- supervising the operation of the main and backup data communications systems;
- the administration and maintenance activities in the data communications system environment and technical and operational servicing of the IT and telecommunications equipment in all organizational units of the NBP;
- operational servicing of the SWIFT system and authentication of telegraphic keys in the communications with foreign institutions.
- Organizing events in order to improve job qualifications of the NBP employees:
- Organizing, in cooperation with the Personnel Department and other organizational units of the NBP, of the specialized IT training courses.
- Developing in the area of data communications:
- plans of investments, repairs, and maintenance;
- plans of provision.