About the NBP: Structure
Economic Research Department
Director: Ireneusz Dąbrowski
The main task of the Economic Research Department is to conduct research with the aim of performing the tasks of NBP.
The department’s detailed tasks include the following:
- Conducting economic research on monetary transmission mechanisms, cyclicality of economic processes, factors and mechanisms of economic growth and other studies in line with NBP research priorities.
- Conducting studies on quantitative methods used in central banks, methodology for forecasting and foundations for new tools used in modelling monetary policy.
- Developing new analytical tools supporting the performance of NBP tasks related to monetary policy and economic growth.
- Publicising the results of the research conducted by the department, including editing, in cooperation with the Education and Publishing Department, the publishing series “Materiały i studia”/”NBP Working Paper”.
- Providing support for research projects to be carried out by NBP employees or individuals who are not employees of NBP.