About the NBP: Structure
Director: Wioletta Barwicka
The International Department performs tasks related to the cooperation of the Republic of Poland and Narodowy Bank Polski with international financial and banking institutions, foreign banks and European Union institutions.
The tasks of the Department include, in particular:
- Ongoing cooperation with international financial and banking institutions.
- Provision of content-related and organisational services for the cooperation of the Republic of Poland with international banking institutions, in which the interests of the Republic of Poland are represented by the NBP President.
- Coordination, within the framework of the NBP, of tasks related to cooperation with the European System of Central Banks and other European Union institutions, in particular within the framework of the General Council of the European Central Bank, the Council of the European Union and its subsidiary bodies, including the Economic and Financial Committee. The Department coordinates the development of NBP positions on documents, including legislative acts discussed by UE bodies, and in the process of preparation ECB opinions.
- Organisation of international conferences at the NBP.
- Coordination of foreign technical cooperation extended by NBP to the central banks and institutions with tasks corresponding to those of NBP in the countries under economic transition which are not member states of the European Union.
- Performance of tasks related to the fulfilment by the NBP of the role of the fiscal agency of the Government of the Republic of Poland.
- Coordination of the performance of tasks related to the NBP’s participation in the temporary increase in the IMF’s NAB resources.
- Coordination of tasks related to translation services provided in connection with NBP’s activity.
- Preparation of analytical and information materials regarding cooperation with international financial and banking institutions, and foreign banks for the NBP, the central administration and the public.
- Preparation of publications and information about the NBP for international financial and banking institutions, foreign banks as well as EU institutions.