Release of the meeting of the Payment Systems Council
On October 3rd, 2001, the meeting of the Payment Systems Council, an advisory body to the Management Board of the National Bank of Poland, was held.
The meeting of the Council was presided by Jerzy Stopyra, the Chairman of the Council, First Deputy President of the National Bank of Poland.
The Payment Systems Council:
- discussed the stage of preparations by Polish banks to introduce the euro in its cash form,
- was submitted the findings of the task force on examining the problems connected with the distribution of pensions and disability benefits to bank accounts,
- issued a positive opinion to new solutions in SORBNET system that serve for assisting the liquidity management,
- issued a positive opinion to solutions implemented by Krajowa Izba Rozliczeniowa S.A. (National Clearing House S.A.) in its settlement systems in order to ensure timeliness and safety of settlements,
- was submitted the information on the participation criteria for foreign banks in KIR S.A.,
- issued a positive opinion to the prepared by the Payment Systems Department of NBP evaluation of the Polish payment system in the first half of 2001.
The Council has decided that its next meeting will be held in December this year.