Release of the meeting of the Payment Systems Council
September 12, 2002
On September 12, 2002, the meeting of the Payment Systems Council, an advisory body to the Management Board of the National Bank of Poland, was held.
The meeting of the Council was presided by Jerzy Stopyra, the Chairman of the Council, First Deputy President of the National Bank of Poland.
The Payment Systems Council:
- has decided to recommend the Management Board of the NBP the proposal made by the Polish Banks' Association regarding the organization of interbank settlements on December 30th and 31st, 2002,
- has been submitted the results of the analysis concerning legal possibilities to reject payment orders containing bank accounts numbers that are not defined according to the NRB standard,
- has been submitted the information prepared by the Ministry of Finance on the implementation of the Act on settlement finality in payment and securities settlement systems, and the principles of supervision of these systems,
- has been submitted the information prepared by the National Bank of Poland concerning the NBP role in the supervision of payment systems and has discussed the scope, contents and form of the public position of the NBP in this matter,
- has accepted the evaluation of the Polish payment system in the 1st half of 2002, prepared by the Payment Systems Department of the NBP.
The Council has decided that its next meeting will be held in October 2002.