MONETARY TRANSMISSION MECHANISM IN DIVERSE ECONOMIES NBP WORKSHOP
December 6, 2013
National Bank of Poland (Warsaw, Poland)
Analysis of the monetary transmission mechanism is necessary for central banks in order to adequately conduct monetary policy. Especially in the present turbulent times in the global economy, understanding of the effectiveness of the monetary transmission process and its different channels is crucial for monetary policymakers.
The 2013 international workshop on the “Monetary transmission mechanism in diverse economies” initiates a sequence of events on this topic that shall be organized by the National Bank of Poland on regular basis, i.e. every 4 years. The workshop aims to gather the most recent research concerning advances in the theory of the monetary transmission mechanism and empirical studies on the functioning of this mechanism in diverse economies. In particular we would like to address the following research areas:
- Structural factors determining the functioning of the monetary transmission mechanism in diverse economies.
- Operation of different channels of the monetary transmission mechanism in particular economies and in the cross-country perspective.
- Cyclical factors, asymmetries and non-linearities in the analysis of the monetary transmission and its main channels.
- The impact of the financial crisis and unconventional or non-standard instruments of monetary policy on the effectiveness of the monetary transmission mechanism; macroprudential regulations and monetary transmission.
- The impact of globalization (financial sector, real sector) on the monetary transmission.
- Professor Peter Sinclair
- Dr Bojan Markovic
Researchers are invited to submit papers on the above and related topics to be discussed during the workshop. Only complete papers will be considered. They should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submissions is 30 September, 2013.
- 30 September 2013 – paper submission deadline
- 31 October 2013 – author notification
- 4 November 2013 - 30 November 2013 – registration
- 6 December 2013 – workshop
Should you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com