Schedule of open market operations to be carried out by Narodowy Bank Polski in December 2020
Bearing in mind the objectives set out by the Monetary Policy Council, Narodowy Bank Polski is planning to carry out in December 2020 the following types of open market operations:
- Main operations in the form of issue of NBP bills, settled at T+0, will be carried out on:
- 4 December 2020, with a 7-day maturity,
- 11 December 2020, with a 7-day maturity,
- 18 December 2020, with a 6-day maturity,
- 24 December 2020, with a 7-day maturity,
- 31 December 2020, with an 8-day maturity.
- A structural operation, involving the purchase of debt securities, will be carried out on 16 December 2020, to be settled on 18 December 2020 (i.e. at T+2).
At the auction NBP will accept bids at prices quoted by the auction participants. NBP reserves the right to reject some or all the offers submitted by the banks.
- Liquidity providing fine-tuning repo operations will be carried out in the event NBP considers that conditions in the interbank market require the use of this monetary policy instrument. The maturity of this instrument will be adjusted to the prevailing market conditions.
The list of collateral for fine-tuning repo operations is available on the NBP website in the section on "Lombard facility & repo":
Fine-tuning and structural operations will be carried out with the banks that have access to main open market operations.
In justified cases resulting from the assessment of the current market situation, NBP may amend the above schedule.
By the end of December 2020, NBP will publish the schedule of open market operations to be carried out in January 2021.