Schedule of open market operations to be conducted by Narodowy Bank Polski in April 2021
Bearing in mind the objectives set out by the Monetary Policy Council, in April 2021 Narodowy Bank Polski is planning to carry out the following types of open market operations:
- Main operations in the form of issuance of 7-day NBP bills, settled at T+0, will be carried out on: 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 April 2021.
- Structural operations, involving the purchase of debt securities, will be carried out as follows:
At the tender NBP will accept offers at prices quoted by the tender participants. NBP reserves the right to reject some or all the offers submitted by the banks.
- A structural operation will be carried out on 14 April 2021 and settled on 16 April 2021 (i.e. at T+2).
- Providing that market conditions warrant it, an optional structural operation will be carried out on 29 April 2021 and settled on 4 May 2021 (i.e. at T+2).
- In the case NBP estimates that additional structural operations, besides those mentioned above, are needed in April 2021, a pertinent announcement will be made by the central bank to market participants.
- Liquidity providing fine-tuning repo operations will be carried out if NBP considers that conditions in the interbank market require the use of this monetary policy instrument. The maturity of this instrument will be adjusted to the prevailing market conditions.
The list of collateral for fine-tuning repo operations is available on the NBP website in the section on Lombard facility & repo:
Fine-tuning and structural operations will be carried out with the banks that have access to main open market operations.
By the end of April 2021, NBP will publish the schedule of open market operations to be carried out in May 2021.