About the NBP: Structure
Operational Risk and Compliance Department
Director: Izabela Kozłowska
The principal tasks of the Department are: the development of methodologies for operational risk assessment and measurement, conducting analyses and monitoring operational risk at NBP and carrying out tasks related to the compliance function.
Within the area of operational risk at NBP, the Department’s specific tasks comprise:
- collection and analysis of information, creation and upkeep of databases, in particular the incident database,
- drawing-up analytical reports on operational risk materialisation and level,
- development and update of the operational risk map at NBP,
- coordination of the insurance process at NBP.
Within the compliance function, the Department’s specific tasks include:
- identification, monitoring and assessment of non-compliance risk,
- development of policies and principles used for management of the compliance function at NBP,
- coordination of activities related to ensuring compliance of NBP’s activity on the foreign exchange market with the FX Global Code,
- responding to inquiries / questionnaires addressed to NBP by financial institutions in connection with the applicable regulations governing their operations, the main subject of which are issues related to the market in financial instruments, counteracting tax avoidance, counteracting money laundering and terrorism financing, ethical standards.