About the NBP: Structure
Information Technology & Telecommunications Department
Acting director: Piotr Matuszewski
The main tasks of the Information Technology & Telecommunications Department are: planning, supervising, and managing the entire range of undertakings related to the IT application at NBP.
In particular, the Department's tasks are as follows:
- Managing and supervising the IT development at NBP:
- drawing up the plans for the development of IT applications at NBP in cooperation with other organizational units of NBP;
- constant assisting and advising to organizational units of NBP in the preparation of projects that require IT applications, as well as the essential supervising of their accomplishment.
- The development of the data communications system at NBP:
- analysing, making projects, implementing, controlling of the IT systems set up by both, own IT employees and in cooperation with external firms;
- participating in standard-setting activities in the IT area and cooperating with public administration bodies in constructing the data communications systems.
- Providing protection for the data communications systems:
- NBPdeveloping the security requirements for the data communications systems and networks in cooperation with the Cybersecurity Department;
- constant controlling and monitoring of the data communications systems in order to ensure their permanent performance.
- cooperation with the Cybersecurity Department in the implementation of tasks of the Operation Security Centre, including surveillance of cyberspace as well as development and maintenance of tools and methods of cyberspace protection
- The operation of the data communications system:
- supervising the operation of the main and backup data communications systems;
- the administration and maintenance activities in the data communications system environment and technical and operational servicing of the IT and telecommunications equipment in all organizational units of NBP;
- operational servicing of the SWIFT system and authentication of telegraphic keys in communications with foreign institutions.
- Organizing events in order to improve job qualifications of NBP employees:
- Organizing, in cooperation with the Personnel Department and other organizational units of NBP, of the specialized IT training courses.
- Developing in the area of data communications:
- plans of NBP investments and leasing, repairs, and maintenance;
- procurement plans.