Release of the meeting of the Payment Systems Council
13 June 2002
On June 13th, 2002, the meeting of the Payment Systems Council, an advisory body to the Management Board of the National Bank of Poland, was held.
The meeting of the Council was presided by Jerzy Stopyra, the Chairman of the Council, First Deputy President of the National Bank of Poland.
The Payment Systems Council:
- was submitted the information on measures presented by Krajowa Izba Rozliczeniowa SA (National Clearing House SA) and aimed at replacing operations based on paper documents with electronic operations in interbank transactions, and in this connection, the Council was submitted the schedule of terminating the application of SYBIR system,
- was submitted the information on the preparations to implement the electronic signature,
- discussed problems connected with the activities of Poczta Polska (Polish Postal Services) in the area of money settlements and cash transactions,
- was submitted the information prepared by the Payment Systems Department of the NBP on the development of SORBNET system within the period 2000-2001 and the directions of its future development,
- approved the initial conception of the organization of interbank settlements within last days of the year 2002 and was submitted the information on the conditions of its accomplishment.
The Council has decided that its next meeting will be held in September 2002.