About the NBP: Structure
Research and Financial Innovation Department
Director: Ireneusz Dąbrowski
The main tasks of the department include carrying out research and preparing forecasts relating to strategic economic issues and financial innovation.
The specific tasks of the Research and Financial Innovation Department are to:
- carry out economic research and prepare strategic forecasts for the national economy,
- study the monetary transmission mechanisms, the cyclicality of economic processes, the factors and mechanisms of economic growth, the convergence of economic systems and other studies, in line with NBP research priorities,
- carry out research on the quantitative methods used in central banks, the forecasting methodologies and the bases for new tools used in modelling monetary policy,
- develop new analytical and forecasting tools that support the fulfilment of NBP tasks in the area of strategic research,
- conduct analytical and monitoring activities in financial innovation related to emerging and implemented financial innovation in Poland and in the world,
- analyse documents and material on the financial innovation sector prepared by European Union institutions and international organisations,
- disseminate the results of studies conducted by the department, including editing – in cooperation with the Education and Publishing Department – the series of publications “Materiały i Studia”/ NBP Working Papers.